Summer 2021 Update
Just heard the news that all courses will be online next fall for the MCS department, while some people prefer online lecture for whatever reason, I am still not used to it after a whole year. This is bad news for me, which means no summer courses for me as a break is deperately needed.
Couple things that I will be doing this summer:
- Attend Undergraduate School on Experimental Quantum Information Processing at Waterloo (Virtual).
- Attend a couple math conferences that I find interesting.
- Organize Discrete and Combinatorial Mathematics Reading Group (DCMRG).
- Work on my start-up with my team.
- Join PolyMath summer research program and hopefully publish some interesting result.
- Work on machine learning research (Frequency Based Replay Attack Detection) with a PhD and a facial recognition start-up, aiming for publication.
- Work for Department of Material Science and Engineering as a research assistant.
- TA MAT223, super excited about it!
- Work on some extension of "In Tetracycles", hopefully have some interesting results.
- Start researhing and working on my grad school application.
Throughout the summer, I will keep putting some random thoughts here, it might be about a movie, some anime, or literally anything. It'll be fun! (I don't know exactly why I am doing this, maybe it's because of the fact that I haven't gone home for almost 2 years due to the pandemic, and this is a nice distraction for me.)
New update! I was lucky to virtually meet a professor during the CanaDAM conference, and he introduced me to some very interesting project that aligns with my research interest!